Aloha, we seem to have been a bit quiet here. We’re a new group having formed last May in Barcelona at UDS, and trying to find our footing and what we should be doing. Tonight we had our IRC meeting and one of the points raised was perhaps a slogan would explain what we do better. A number of slogans were suggested but we thought we’d ask people what they thought. In the past few months we’ve been working on some packages, CiviCRM and the NGO Interview series, (Interview 1, 2, 3, 4 ) which haven’t gone away we just need more NGOs to interview. We are also looking the issues NGOs face when they use open source or reasons they don’t fully 100% use it and how we can help.
The aim of the Ubuntu NGO team is to make it as easy as possible to make use of Ubuntu in charities, non-profits and NGOs and benefit from the best free software has to offer.
The idea behind a slogan, would be a one sentence that sums up what the Ubuntu NGO team does so others understand it, as it is NGO means Non Governmental Organisation in some countries and Non profit elsewhere. Some of the slogan suggestions are below, but we’d like some help on choosing one, or perhaps you can suggest a better one.
- Ubuntu NGO: Helping Integrate Freedom
- Ubuntu NGO Team, helping others to help
- Ubuntu NGO: Helping Your Charity Donations Go Towards What’s Really Needed
- Ubuntu NGO: Taking Software Freedom From Theory To Practice
- Ubuntu NGO: Taking Freedom From Theory To Practice
- Ubuntu NGO: helping NGO’s to short digital breach
Thanks, and if you want to help out in any way, all the information is HERE